Subterranean termites can be very serious and can cause significant damage to wooden structures if left untreated. Here are some reasons why subterranean termites are considered a serious pest:
- They can cause extensive damage: Subterranean termites eat through wood from the inside out, causing significant damage to the structure of your home or building. They can cause thousands of dollars in damage if left untreated.
- They are difficult to detect: Subterranean termites live underground and often enter buildings through hidden access points, making them difficult to detect until significant damage has already been done.
- They can cause safety hazards: If subterranean termites damage the structural integrity of a building, it can create safety hazards for those inside, such as collapse or injury from falling objects.
- They can impact property value: A termite infestation can significantly lower the value of your property if it is not treated and the damage is not repaired.
- They can attract other pests: Subterranean termite infestations can attract other pests that feed on wood, such as carpenter ants or beetles, which can cause additional damage.
Overall, subterranean termites are a serious pest that should not be ignored. If you suspect you have a termite infestation, it’s important to contact a professional pest control service as soon as possible to inspect your property and determine the best course of action to prevent further damage.